I’m learning Japanese, Korean and Chinese to be able to read books in these languages. I mostly read crime fiction and post book reviews here. They are mainly reviews of mystery novels that I read in Japanese.
- I started two reading projects recently. The first one, started in January 2022, is to read all the winners of the Mystery Writers of Japan Award. A lot of books are sadly out of print and not available digitally, so I have to skip them, but I plan on reading all the ones I can buy from outside Japan.
- In 2023, I got the collection called 『日本探偵小説全集』, an anthology of 12 volumes of Japanese detective fiction. I’m progressing slowly on this one, but my goal is to finish the 12 books (this might take me several years!).
- In order to improve my reading level in Korean, I’ve decided to read one short story per week.
- I’m also progressing very slowly on a Taiwanese novel that I plan on reading over the course of 2023.
I’m not on Twitter anymore, but you can follow me on Mastodon if you want! Here are my latest posts in the Fediverse:
I haven’t read as much as I wanted today, but I did finish the first chapter of 고통에 관하여 by Bora Chung (정보라), and I only have one chapter left in 寝台特急殺人事件 by Kyotaro Nishimura (西村 京太郎), so I’ll be able to finish it tomorrow. #ReadingUpdate
Also waiting for my planner to become available 🐈… #caturday #CatsOfMastodon
🏡 Day at home.
📖 Started a Korean novel. I had to look up a lot of words so I haven’t progressed much (only read 30 pages), but things start to get smoother.
🪛There was a problem with my aquarium light that I managed to solve, so everything is working well now.
🎉 Enjoying the Holidays!
📖 Bought a new book, and I’m looking forward to starting it this weekend.
🌳 Walk in the woods. It was quite pleasant and refreshing. Also saw a squirrel, but I was not quick enough to take a picture of it, so instead, this is just a picture of the trail we took.
I have been writing this blog since 2017, and it has changed a lot over the years. I now focus entirely on writing book reviews, but I used to write about learning Japanese in general and passing the JLPT. You can find older posts and discontinued categories here:
- book review (170)
- Cartoon (10)
- currently reading (32)
- Film and drama (1)
- japanese immersion (17)
- Japanese news (57)
- Japanese songs (12)
- JLPT Journal (18)
- Language diary (18)
- learning strategies (27)
- monthly review (7)
- motivation / daily study (83)
- on books (1)
- Read in Japanese (9)
- reading journal (39)
- reading notes (36)
- reading progress (1)
- Top Stories (4)
- Uncategorized (9)